Monday, February 28, 2011

Jell-O Applesauce Salad

This one is going to be quick. Along with the chicken pot pie, I also made "Jell-O Applesauce Salad" last night for my grandparents. This recipe was given to me by my Grandma Pauline, and was something I grew up on (along with the ham and cheese rolls that I posted a couple weeks ago). It's super easy, and looks pretty if you put it in a mold...


And the recipe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jell-O Applesauce Salad
from the kitchen of Pauline Fowler

1 package Jell-O, any flavor
1 cup boiling water
1 cup applesauce

Combine all ingredients. Pour into a mold (or pan if you don't have a mold), and chill. Easy to double.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See--easy! :) I chose lime Jell-O, and it was also sugar-free. The box of Jell-O I used was the smaller box, and honestly I'm not sure which one is supposed to be used. But the recipe turned out just fine, and tasted really good. If you're going to make it for more than just a couple people, I would definitely double the recipe. I didn't double it, and there was barely enough for the three of us last night. And it also looks much better if you put it into a mold. I didn't have one, so I just used a small pan.

I'm off to get my beauty sleep, lol! Stay tuned for more yummy recipes!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment