Sunday, June 19, 2011

Creamy Baked Chicken

Hello again! This recipe comes from my Auntie Kynda. I initially made the "Creamy Baked Chicken" back in March for my father-in-law and his family, and then again for Victor last month. It's really yummy, and easy too! Here's the final product...


And here's the recipe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creamy Baked Chicken
from the kitchen of Kynda Lemiere

chicken breasts (the amount depends on how many people you're serving)
sliced Swiss cheese, one slice per chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup water (or white wine)
2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing mix (Mrs. Cubbison's brand comes already crushed)
1/3 cup melted butter

Spray a 9x13 pan with PAM. Cover the bottom of the pan with chicken breasts. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on each piece of chicken. Stir together cream of chicken soup and water (or white wine); pour over chicken. Sprinkle crushed seasoned stuffing mix over chicken. Drizzle butter over the dressing. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Do not overbake!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first time I made this, I mixed the cream of chicken soup with water. But this past time, I used white wine. I couldn't really tell a difference in the flavor, so you should be safe either way you choose to go. As far as the crushed seasoned stuffing mix goes, I was unable to find the "Mrs. Cubbinson's" brand. My Auntie Kynda lives in the state of Washington, so I'm sure the brand options are different in various parts of the country. Instead, I bought a basic box of chicken flavored seasoned stuffing mix and crushed it as best as I could by putting it in a ziplock and pounding it like crazy with the can of chicken soup! Be careful with this method...holes in the ziplock are created easily, and a mess is bound to occur. If you have a better way of doing this, please let me know! :) When preparing the butter, you may want to melt a little bit more than the recipe calls for. I've found that 1/3 cup isn't quite enough to coat all of the stuffing mix. It worked the first time I made this recipe, but this past time some of the stuffing mix was still hard after the chicken was finished baking. Or, to also prevent this problem, you can use a fork to press the stuffing mix into the soup/water topping to make sure it gets soaked in the mix. I definitely recommend this recipe!

This is when I made the chicken for Victor in Houston. We also had fresh green beans and corn on the cob. :)

The first time I made this chicken, I also made my first homemade mashed potatoes. They turned out pretty good too!
Two more recipes to post tonight. I'm almost caught up, thank goodness! And I'll be making another one tomorrow night for a potluck at work on Tuesday. :)

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment