Sunday, June 19, 2011

Russian Chicken

Did you give up on me? :) I almost did! I apologize for the delay in my recipe posting. I actually made this recipe a couple months ago, but have been super busy and haven't been able to post it. In April, Victor moved to Houston! It was a very exciting move for both of us. And we've been visiting each other almost every weekend since the move, so there hasn't been much time for anything else. Here are a few pictures of the move from Michigan to Houston...

Victor worked hard to get this armoire into the U-Haul!

It snowed the day we left Michigan, of course!



It was also Victor's birthday the day we left MI. I enjoy embarrassing him. :)

Making a birthday wish at Cracker Barrel.
After two days of driving, we FINALLY made it to Houston, TX!

Victor and his roommate's apartment in Houston.
 Anyways...back to the chicken..."Russian Chicken" to be exact. :) This is another recipe from Nanu, and it was really good! I never would've put these ingredients together, but they compliment each other very well. Here's the chicken...



And here's the recipe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Russian Chicken
from the kitchen of Bonnie Campbell

1 small chicken, cut into pieces
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
1 small jar apricot preserves
1 bottle Russian salad dressing

Rinse chicken. Mix other ingredients. Dip chicken in mixture and place in a very lightly greased baking dish. Pour remainder of mixture over chicken. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and bake approximately 20 minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I remember correctly, I purchased the packaged chicken that was pre-cut. There was no way I was cutting up a whole chicken...eww (nor do I know how, haha). As far as the apricot preserves go, I'm pretty sure I bought the smallest jar I could find. The sauce that comes out after you combine all the ingredients is really good! I also found that the sauce tasted even better when I ate the chicken for leftovers the next day. There's actually still some of this chicken in my freezer right now. :)

Here's a picture of the Russian salad dressing, in case you can't find it at the store...


Yay! I am FINALLY posting another recipe! It feels so good, and I still have a couple more to go!

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment