Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fudge Pie

Yay, finally a DESSERT! :) Victor came home this weekend, and we had a few friends over. I was frantically trying to find a quick and easy dessert I could make for the get together, and then I ran across this one..."Fudge Pie." Basically, it tastes like a brownie! Yummm! This recipe comes from my Mom-o. She has contributed quite a few of recipes into my recipe book, and I'm really glad she included this one! I forgot to take a picture of the whole pie, and before I knew it we were all happily eating our slices. BUT, I did get a picture of the last piece...


And here is the yummy recipe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fudge Pie
from the kitchen of Beverly Pagan

1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 unbaked pie shell

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm almost salivating just thinking about this pie! It was very good! The only thing I would do different is bake it for a little bit longer than what the recipe says. After 30 minutes, the pie crust was baked on the outside, but not on the bottom. And the filling wasn't quite done either. I would give it around 35-40 minutes and see if it's done at that point. Vanilla ice cream would be a great compliment to it as well! :)

We really enjoyed it! :)
Thanks for coming everyone!
Goodnight folks! Stay tuned for more recipes, coming your way soon! :) And thanks be to God, who has provided the means and capabilities to be able to make all of these recipes. He deserves all the glory!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment